Signed in as:
Most simply - union, community, togetherness. - Being a good bean.
To make friends with all sides ourself, which then allows us to step into and share outer community; realising the illusion after all, was the separateness.
We work with body, breath, mind & spirit, the gnarly bits, the glorious bits; embracing them all in that marvellous bundle that is us. We strive for presense, listening and non-judgement. Everything else sort of wiggles along from there.
Yoga is often misinterpreted as a physical and physical only practice. Yoga is not about having to turn into a human pretzel, or stand on your hands/head/little toe.. Yoga is a journey of inquiry, self study and self liberation. By coming inwards we gain the knowledge and strength to act in a more aligned, more empowered way, in all aspects of our lives (whilst getting a wonderful, healing, toning practice as a bonus). In Yoga philosophy we believe our bodies, spirits, and minds are all one. Yoga teaches us that in caring for and toning one, we tone them all. Finally reaching a place of harmony, union & oneness - inner and outer.
I truly believe there is a yoga for everyone. I teach in both a Vinyāsa (from restorative to dynamic) style & Rocket which I understand isn't for everyone. For more info, don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Stability is found in the middle of strength and flexibility. In yoga we use our body weight to work with the two in tandem together! Each practice bringing us that little bit stronger, centred, calmer and stable.
It's so easy in our 24/7 world to breeze over looking after ourselves, and over time everything falls to the side. Yoga is a time for you and only you to be with and work with your body and your material, helping us to realise our strength, limitations, and learning to apply compassion when it's needed.
Sarah is the founder and sole teacher of Flow Rogue Yoga.
Sarah is a 460 RYT, having trained
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Nicolette Wilson-Clarke
- Bhakti Yoga with Humble Warrior
- Rocket Yoga With David Kyle & Darvina Plante
- Rocket Yoga, Yin & QIGong with Good Life Yoga School
- Children‘s Yoga Training with BEAM Academy
- Vinyasa with MyVinyasaPractice.
Sarah is utterly passionate about the transformational powers of yoga, for everyone.
- Behaving in ways that are not expected or normal
- non conforming, independant, wild
- deviation from a standard
- a person who behaves wildly, but who you still like
Yoga in its essence is a philosophy.
To come into a state of Yoga, is to come into a state of being where nothing is missing.
The trick is, it never was missing. We just have to let ourselves remember.
The physical practice (asana) is only one of the many ways of exploring our paths to come to Yoga. Interested in knowing more about the practice? Have a look at the following book recommendations of mine
- A Queer Dharma, Jacboy Ballsrd. A wonderful and important book, political poignant and necessary!
- Path's to God - Living the Bhagvad Gita; Ram Dass . Ram Dass in all his humorous, insightful glory.One Simple Thing, Eddie Stern; An amazing guide to all things Yoga & The Science behind it Yoga For Everyone, Dianne Bondy - Accessable Yoga, fascinating, practical & important
Yoga is so often divorced from it's true meaning, I am aware of my part in this as a white British teacher, but am doing my best to respect the true meaning of Yoga, it's roots and culture - To read more about the history and westernisation of yoga
Workshops At The Honor Oak Wellness Rooms
This June I'll be hosting 2 fabulous workshops - Inversions & Arm Balances!
Saturdays 10 & 17th June - 1.30-3.30pm
Capacity capped at 6, for a wonderful intimate feel and to insure everyone walks away lifted!